Friday 25 November 2011

Olive tree grove with picker, Abruzzo, Italy


Olijfbomen met plukker, Abruzzo, Italie
oil on canvas
40 x 30 cm
painted on location -
San Vincenzo Vecchio, Valle Roveto, Aq. Abruzzo, 17 11 2011

Not for sale

Here you have yet another painting from my recent sojourn in Italy. The person shown happens to be the woman with whom I'm having a wonderful relationship these days! She accopmanied me on this trip, had a great time admist the spectacular natural setting, housing these highly productive olive trees. Of course we also had the privilege of sampling the fine foods that were prepared with the freshly pressed olives.

As you can see from this photo, I paint what lies before me, however the model is not visible as she was the one who took this picture! It was indeed a pleasure to have a lot of Sunlight, it really lit up the autumn colors, in the valley.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hi Alberto,
very nice picker, the all valley seem to be made for Her!