Thursday 5 May 2011

Path to the Sea, Westduinpark, The Hague


Nieuwe Pad naar Zee, Westduinpark, DH
oil on canvas - 60 x 90 cm
Fri 29 April and Sun 01 May 2011

painted over, no longer exists

What a difference a day makes! If you look at the painting on the bottom of this post, you will see just what I am talking about! Today, I present to you a repainting of the same scene, as depicted on the bottom picture, (which btw was paintied on 29 July 2010). Something about that painting made last summer, just didn't sit right with me. I finally decided to re-work it, opting for a more serene situation of the same view. Thus no clouds, and less growth in the flora, to calm things down. The municipality has taken away one of the paths, allowing for nature to fill in vacant space. Incidentally, this path leads to the sailing club and the strecht of beach that I so often paint.

No comments: