Tuesday 26 April 2011

Tulip bulbfield, Schagen, Holland


Bollenvelden, Schagen, NH
oil on canvas, 30 x 100 cm
painted on location - Wed 20 April 2011 
SOLD

In this painting you see one of the same windmills which was featured on the previous posting. Only this time from another prespective. I got down as low as possible, basically seated myself on the earth, in a cross-legged position. Not very comfotable, let me tell you, especially after the 1st hour! I've decided to publish 2 highlights in this posting. Giving you the chance to compare modern energy producing windmills with the classical water managment windmill.

2 comments:

Erik Ykema said...

Nice! I like the spaciousness of the sky and the enormous depth that the painting covers. Well done!

Kim Vanlandingham said...

I agree well done painting!