Thursday 10 March 2011

The broken branch.


de gebroken taak
oil on canvas
20 x 50 cm
painted on location - Tues 8 March 2011 SOLD


I call the painting, "the broken branch". Like my broken feelings, inside me, due to the sudden death of a Dear friend and fellow plein - air painter, Silvester Pepekamp, (Dec. 31 1950 - March 2 2011). I choose to paint at this location, because 2 days prior to my friends unexpected passing, together, we had made a walk down that very path, to the sea. Sometimes change is sudden and catastrophic, life as we know it is abruptely overturned. We have an earthquake of the heart so severe, that the landscape will never look the same. In times of sudden chaos, the soul finds its ground in the Eternal. It turns instinctively towards God, even if it uses other names. Like the tree in this painting, will grow a new branch, so will I grow a new way to be with my deceased friend and colleague, Silvester. Just like the miracle of Nature will help that harmless, vulnerable tree, repair itself. So will Nature show me the way to repair my broken heart.

3 comments:

Kim Vanlandingham said...

So very sorry for the loss of your friend.

alberto valentini said...

thanks kimberly,
say do you have a regular email address.

Sophie Hanke said...

beautiful!