Wednesday 5 January 2011

Rolling Wave with seagulls


Winters zeegezicht #1, 2011
oil on canvas
20 x 40 cm
painted on location - Tues 4 Jan 2011

SOLD


Thought I'd start off with a painting of my favorite subject these days. Thus I dared the brisk cold and windy conditions. The shinning Sun is what gave me the inspiration to make this work. As I had to work very quickly, a simple composition of a rolling wave, and seagulls feeding on, I'm not really sure what. As you can see the seagulls are merely hinted at. What I mean is, they are not painted in, feather for feather. They are painted in a way that fits to the painting, because that is what matters. A painting has a language of its own, and the only way to understand the painting is to decode the language. Now my paintings are quite figurative and thus easily readable, but some paintings from abstract artists can really challenge the viewer.

2 comments:

René PleinAir said...

Wow Alberto,

This is my all time favorite!!

Wonderful depth, ... and action.
You could have found something special here. Looking forward if you gonna explore it some more.

Kim Vanlandingham said...

Your paintings are just amazing!!!