Friday 14 January 2011

Fishing Harbor, Makkum, Friesland


Vissers Haven, Makkum, Friesland
oil on canvas
40 x 30 cm
painted on location - Wed. 12 Jan 2011

SOLD

Well, when the Sun is not shining, and rain drops are falling on my head, and I'm on a painting excursion with 3 colleagues, being hosted in a luxurious Bed and Breakfast, near this village, what do I do?..... I look for a subject to paint, then of course in this case I need shelter from the rain, so after more than one hour of searching I finally sighted this location. Affording me to stay dry, but not warm, as I was out in the open, at the entrance to someones residence. Parts of the water are frozen, thus this glass like refelection, and the slight movements of the vessels, (for let us not forget they are afloat!), give the water its character.

No comments: