Wednesday 21 July 2010

Catamarans, South Beach, The Hague


Gezicht op Zuiderstrand met Catamaranen, Den Haag
oil on canvas, 70 x 50 cm
painted on location - Friday 2 July 2010  SOLD

Back on the internet ladies and gentlemen, after a 2 week holiday with my daughter in Italy. Visiting with relatives that live in a mountainous region, North of Naples, South of Rome. Here you have the result of the last painting I made just before leaving. It is relatively quite on the beach, for such a lovely summers day. Most people here in The Lowlands where busy watching Holland defeat Brazil in the quater finals of the WK 2010. As a hommage to the National Dutch team, you guessed it, I intentionally added a touch of orange here and there! Unusual format for a seascape, but I found it worked well due to the long vertical masts attached to the sailing vessels. Again the Dutch skies are always a delight to paint. A slight hint of water on the bottom left. I actually was keeping cool in the warm heat, by having my bare feet submerged under the refreshing salty waters of The North Sea. A close up for your viewing pleasure.

1 comment:

Mary Sheehan Winn said...

Alberto,
this is a beauty.phy