Monday 19 October 2009

Historical Centre, and the Sea at Cefalu, Sicily


Old Center of Cefalu, as seen from the beach
oil on canvas, 20 x 40 cm
painted on location - Sunday 4 Oct 2009
SOLD
This is the destination, I especially wanted to visit. As it said in the Lonely Planet guide book, a postcard perfect village . I already new that, as I have seen pictures from this town, years ago. What also attrachted me to this place was to be near the Sea. After this painting was completed, as I was pouring with sweat, from the warm sun on my skin, I didn't hesitate for a second, and went for a swim. Afterwards, I made a small seascape which is posted here below. We all had a tastey warm lunch at a beachside cafe, after a great session of painting. A close up of those two towers which form part of the cathedral is going to be my next posting.