Monday 29 September 2008

Catamaran Clubhouse, (ZVDH) The Hague, #4/08


Closing up for the Season
oil on canvas
40 x 120 cm
painted on location - thurs 25/sat 27 sept 08

SOLD

It was a pleasure for me to be on location for this painting. The weather was perfect, not a cloud in the sky, hardly any wind to speak of, and the temperature was inviting. As I am writing, there are no more boats to be seen, in a few days the clubhouse will also be broken down. So I made it just in time. I like the way the perspective in this composition reads, it cunningly leads your eye, to the hidden vanishing point. The self standing catamaran, generously helps in balancing the scene. Indeed a fine memory of this quaint strech of beach here in The Lowlands.
Here a little detail, showing the inside of the clubhouse.

1 comment:

Mary Sheehan Winn said...

I love it. The detail stands as a painting on it's own.
Beautiful, Alberto.