Wednesday 21 May 2008

Path in the dunes, Westduinpark # 10/08


Path in the dunes, Bright sunny day, Westduinpark, The Hague
oil on canvas
50 x 60 cm
painted on location, Wed 21 May 2008

SOLD

Here I am back to the same spot were this series all began, on the 4th of April 2008. It feels good to be back on this theme. The dunes, as you can see have gone through a major color transformation since then. The paint is layed on so thick that you could most likely could smell it, even on your screen. Seeing this in the real is much better.

Arrivederci,

7 comments:

Jane Walker said...

Yes - I bet - because it is is quite big and seems to have turned out really well - look forward to seeing it tomorrow

René PleinAir said...

I can see you enjoying the nice weather also, keep up the marvelous work!

alberto valentini said...

Thanks to you both. Same to you Rene, keep up the good work. Are you going to check out Noordwijk Schilderfestifal this year? 3 wk in June, I'll be there.

Anonymous said...

Hello Alberto, i think the topline op the dunes is to sharp compared to the horizontal line of the sea---if it was a bit rough it looked more like the path on the top of de Savornin lohmanlaan--descending to the sea with all the sand on it--i would like you to make an other from that spot and a large one to, bay bay, Freek

alberto valentini said...

Thank you Freek,
I would be glad to do that for you, could you contact me with a regular email or phone me on my mobile 0624507473. I'm not quite sure which point you want a painting from, and what size you are interested in.

Mary Sheehan Winn said...

I love this. The way the rolling planes of the land intersect leads the around the scene. Also, the variety of the greens is convincing.

alberto valentini said...

Thank you Mary.
Hope you are having a good summer at the easel.