Sunday 20 June 2021

Baby, the fog must lift...



Schat, de mist moet optrekken,
oil on canvas - 30 x 120 cm
painted on location - Thurs 10 June 2021

€ 1250

On one of my latest painting excursions to South beach, The Hague, wasn't much happening, just usual  sunlight, was contemplating packing up, but something, a feeling said to me, just wait. Close your eyes meditate a bit and wait. Well that voice served me well! In came this thick fog, rolling up from the sea and totally filled the atmosphere with mystery  and intrigue. Now that was worth painting. Quickly as possible set my gear up and within minutes was laying the paint on to create this scene. I imagine the sailors ready to sail out in their cats, possibly one of them was on his mobile talking to his wife, saying "Schat, de mist moet eerst optrekken"..