Tuesday 27 October 2020

The Hofvijver on a warm summers morning, The Hague

 


De Hofvijver op een warme zomersochtend (#17 in de series),
oil on canvas - 50 x 150 cm (20"x 59")
painted on location on several occasions - June - Sept 2020

Sold

As you can see I have been further developing this series. It is always a pleasure to be on location at his spot. The security staff at the Museum (The Hague Historical Museum) just across the street from where I sit up usually welcomes me with a warm cup of coffee, and because I have a Museum Card, I have always access to the toilet. This is very handy for us outdoor plein air painters. The scene depicted in this painting is packed with detail, take your time and have a close look, you'll know what I'm talking about.






2 comments:

René PleinAir said...

Except for all the basterds who work there is is a marvelous piece of work All.

Hope all is well.

alberto valentini said...

agree with you, those buildings are innocent!