Sunday 21 February 2016

On the Path, 1 & 2

Op pad no. 1, (met hond)
oil on canvas - 18 x 24 cm (7" x 9.5")
painted on location - wed 17 Feb 2016
SOLD


Op pad no. 2, (de omhelzing) 
oil on canvas - 18 x 24 cm (7" x 9.5")
painted on location - Fri 19 Feb 2016
SOLD

In case your not Dutch, this one is simply called, the hug. A lot of things happen when one is on the path. One sees much. One experiences much. Why one even feels much.  I think I'm gonna like this series. Staring with this location, will get out there often and every painting will have a different story to tell.  For me this location is full of beauty. Maybe it is the path fading away in a downward curve to an unseen vista. Or perhaps the tonal range of the colors present in the dunes this time of the year. Not really sure and quite frankly, I don't even care. I just know that something summoned my attention and being myself on the path,  I was compelled stop at this very spot,  in the Westduinpark, The Hague, and put my craft to practice.

No comments: