Thursday 17 June 2010

Sailing Club House, South Beach, The Hague




HKZV Den Haag, met hooge wind
oil on canvas, 30 x 40 cm
painted on location - Wed 16 June 2010 - re-worked in studio Wed 25 April 2012
SOLD

The wind was blowing with considerable force, didn't have too many options, re setting up. However after having a warm Mint tea at beach cafe De Fuute, I decided to paint this scene, partially baraccaded from the wind. Had to get down low, to protect myself and my gear. Unfortunately I got to the point were my feet were becoming numb, due to the cold wind. (Optimistically I put on a pair of shorts and sandals, what a mistake!) I'm glad those sailors decided to brave the wild North Sea, it brought to realization a point of interest in this scene. The front sail is being unravelled, in about 20 minutes that cat will be catching some high winds. Those dudes are gonna get quite a work out.

No comments: