Friday 30 March 2007

Djoa posing in the studio



Djoa posing in the studio.
oil on canvas, 70 x 90cm
SOLD


Hello Everyone

As I said yesterday, today I painted in my studio. I am very lucky to have such a great space as you can see in the picture. The other artist is Jane Walker. Fritz de Groot took the picture. The model was posing behind the green curtain.

This is a style of painting I developed called the, Progressive Nude Series.
I start with quick studies of the model, as the two on the top of the painting, then the final pose is painted in an hours setting.Thus the name "Progressive". This is a small format for this series, normally I work on 100 x 150 cm canvas.

It gives me great pleasure to share my work with you all and I look forward to your kind remarks.
Tomorrow its back to a nature scene which will most likely take place somewhere along the seashore, Kijkduin.

A warm handshake,

Alberto, il pittore

No comments: